Thursday, April 24, 2008

A New Book

Some might say they are beginning a new chapter in their life. I am about to begin writing a whole new book.

For those of you who do not know, I currently live in San Antonio, Texas. I grew up here and will always call it "home". However, I am about to embark on a brand new adventure called rural living.

You see, about four years ago I met a young man who ended up making my heart go pitter patter. And you know when that starts to happen, you can do some really strange things - like pack up all your things and move to a place where every yard backs up to a cotton field, church is a regularity, homemade ice cream isn't just for special events, and the nearest wal-mart is 40 miles away. The same place where John Deere reigns, but the Dairy Queen has been dethroned and closed down. It's a place where they have all sorts of weird sayings that I don't ever understand, and all the women know how to cook and bake the best desserts I've ever tasted.

Earth, Texas: Population 1109. Twenty miles west of Muleshoe and 40 miles east of Plainview. Twenty miles south of Dimmitt and 20 miles north of Littlefield. Closest large city - Lubbock to the southeast and then Amarillo to the northeast.

I look forward to my new life with my new husband (to be official on June 14 in Concan, Texas on the Frio River). I hope to blog all of the exciting new things that will be part of my life in Earth: the people, the parades, the fellowship meals, the small town gossip, the great food (that hopefully I will learn to make), the extreme weather at times, the farm, the newlyweds, the family, and all other new life lessons that I am sure to learn in my first year married to a farmer and living in Earth.

Hope y'all come back now, ya hear?

No comments: